Who knew that a Dollar Store garland could be jazzed up to look so cool? Thanks again to Margie Romney-Aslett for another great Spark online class!
Wednesday, December 4, 2013
We put up our Christmas tree this weekend. After a brief delay when I had to run out for more Twinkle lights, the ornaments are now on. I love remembering the story behind each one! Here are a few favorites:
- This is the oldest ornament on our tree. I received it as a gift from my Kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Larson, in 1971. It's survived 4 moves plus 41 years of packing and unpacking. That's special!
- My sister Jan made this ornament using lace and trims from my wedding gown (which she also helped me to make) in 1989.
- First Ravens Super Bowl win in 2000 - a new one will be added this year!
- Statue of Liberty - we get ornaments from all the places we travel.
- This is a Santa rocket ornament for my hubby. You push a button and it says "Merry Christmas Houston" - kids love that one!
- A Hallmark ornament from our first Christmas tree together.
- A patriotic soldier from Colonial Williamsburg
- New ornament from this year's Spark Your Holidays - with a big junk bow!